Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Welcome Explorers!

Welcome! It's been a resolution of mine to start a blog to give me more of a motivation to write, so here it is! This is a blog dedicated to writing, story telling and the building of worlds adnd the exploration of worlds, including those worlds in role playing games.

I don't expect to be posting every day, but I'm going to make a strong effort to post at least three times a week, about every other day. I have some idea for regular weekly features.

I hope you will find this blog interesting and stay, make yourself at home and chat. Feel free to post comments on topics even if their not the newest, I will try to keep looking at the last few day's worth (once I actually get people posting here that is) Feel free to drop me an e-mail at Foolster(at)gmail.com as feedback, to suggest a topic give feedback or just to say "hi".

First an introduction. I am a Christian writer in his late twenties who lives in the pacific northwest. I've been designing games since I was about 10, starting with quick basic on my Compaq 8088 (bleeding edge then!), and I've been roleplaying on and off for the last 5 years.

When I'm not writing I like to perform in a local drama group, play role-playing games (as you may have guessed from above), design board and card games of different kinds and play ukulele (though not very well).

I am currently working on a number of projects including a story collection and role-playing game supplement (for the D20 system) that I hope to have finished this year and published sometime in 2011. I’ve also been working on two "conworld" (constructed world) fantasy cultures with their own religions, customs, and languages. One are the lizard-folk called the Salthans and a blog about them is at www.bikaesh.pbwiki.com and the Sylvanians, a big-cat (i.e. tiger, lion, jaguar) people. The world also has two human cultures, but I havn't gotten around to writting about them yet. I also have a wiki for some of my homebrew role playing games stuff at www.d20toolbox.pbwiki.com

Let's start building and exploring together!

No comments:

Post a Comment